Apply Now for Free and Reduced Meals!
While Canon City Schools is pleased to currently offer all children free meals, the USDA has made it clear that this program is temporary and will likely expire on December 31, 2020. After this date, students will need to access their benefits to receive free meals.
Additionally, the more students who qualify for free and reduced meals, the more it benefits the students, school, and district. Below are the benefits for families who qualify as well as benefits for the school district for increasing the number of students who qualify for free and reduced meals. Please apply today if you feel your family qualifies.
To apply online, parents will need their students’ ID number if they do not already have an account set up.
Apply For Free and Reduced Meals Here.
We also have paper applications available at each school office and kitchen.
Eligibility guidelines change annually.
Visit www.ccsnutrition.org to review guidelines and apply online.
- Testing and athletic fees can be reduced or completely waived for qualifying students.
- The higher our free and reduced percentage, the more opportunity we have to apply for grants to enhance our student programs and services.
- It allows us to keep our meal prices low for students who do pay.
- Cañon City Schools will receive more funding to better serve our students. It’s At-Risk funding increases as the number of free and reduced students increases. In 2018-19 the At-Risk factor contributed over $1.5 million in additional funding to the district.
- Provide additional funding that can be used for educational resources.
- Last but not least, your family will save money when your student eats at school.
- Approved applications by Oct 1 will help district funding for the 21.22 school year.